Most people unfamiliar with the Phoenix area aren’t fully aware of the way the city and its associated suburbs sprawls across the desert valley landscapes. Locals refer to the area as “The Valley,” a term that encompasses Phoenix itself as well as the other well-known cities within its footprint.
Great Suburbs for Medical Professionals
If you’re a traveling nurse new to the area, it’s essential not to overlook these suburbs in your search for a home. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best neighborhoods for medical professionals right here in Salt River Valley:
- Tempe. This East Valley suburb is a college town at heart, and home to Arizona State University, one of the largest universities in the country. Meanwhile, Tempe Town Lake and Tempe Beach Park host some tremendous recreational opportunities.
- Downtown Scottsdale. If shopping, nightlife, and dining are more your scene, downtown Scottsdale is just what you’re seeking. As a millennial professional hub, the area boasts several high-rise apartments and unparalleled social opportunities.
- Glendale. Another shopping destination, Glendale adds several antique stores as well as eclectic shops to its mix. For a more modern day out, the Westgate City Center and Arizona Cardinals stadium make this suburb a perfect blend for most professionals.
- Gilbert. This suburb has a rare, small-town feel as opposed to Phoenix’s 4.5 million residents. Home to a regular farmer’s market as well as a supply of family homes and friendly neighborhoods, Gilbert is ideal if you’re looking for a little slice of home.
- Roosevelt Row. This funky downtown Phoenix neighborhood is well known for its arts district but serves as a hub for several local communities ideal for young medical professionals. With its collection of unique restaurants, boutiques, and live music venues, you’ll never be lacking for something to do on your downtime.
Of course, you have your unique preferences, personal considerations, and financial situation, and it’s essential to make the right suburb choice for you. However, this list of five Phoenix neighborhoods to consider is a great place to start your search.